- Motivation behind using particular platforms
- Frequency of gaming on different platforms
- Frequency of playing different genres
- Time of playing different genres
- Gaming styles among different platforms
- Popularity of different genres of games
- Genres of games played with other gamers
- Distribution of console models
- Distribution of mobile operating system
Motivation behind using particular platforms
What are the motivations behind using particular platforms? Why do you play? What do you get out of it? – Multiple-choice question
The most popular motivation for playing games, regardless of platform, is the intent to rest/relax or deal with stress.
Games installed on PC and console games engage us a lot stronger – thanks to them we want to feel emotions, adrenaline or desire to compete. These are the ones that allow us to play a role, take a part in an epic adventure. Interestingly enough – console players are much more likely than others to seek interaction with other players. Without a doubt, it is related to the huge popularity of football games such as FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer on consoles.
On the mobile devices, Facebook or in browser we play primarily to kill time, to kill boredom.